6但提摩太剛才從你們那裏回來，將你們信心和愛心的好消息報給我們，又說你們常常記念我們，切切地想見我們，如同我們想見你們一樣。7所以，弟兄們，我們在一切困苦患難之中，因著你們的信心就得了安慰。8你們若靠主站立得穩，我們就活了。9我們在 神面前，因著你們甚是喜樂；為這一切喜樂，可用何等的感謝為你們報答 神呢？10我們晝夜切切地祈求，要見你們的面，補滿你們信心的不足。11願 神─我們的父和我們的主耶穌一直引領我們到你們那裏去。12又願主叫你們彼此相愛的心，並愛眾人的心都能增長，充足，如同我們愛你們一樣，13好使你們當我們主耶穌同他眾聖徒來的時候，在我們父 神面前，心裏堅固，成為聖潔，無可責備。
- 帖撒羅尼迦信徒的信心和愛心的見証大大地鼓舞和激勵了保羅，令保羅得到安慰和喜樂。 教會中其他的弟兄姊妹, 小組長, 主日學老師, 和傳道人，也都需要鼓勵。我們本身也可以因教會中其他肢體的見證而得鼓勵。
I Thessalonians 3:6-12
6. But Timothy has just now come to us from you and has brought good news about your faith and love. He has told us that you always have pleasant memories of us and that you long to see us, just as we also long to see you. 7. Therefore, brothers, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith. 8. For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord. 9. How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you? 10. Night and day we pray most earnestly that we may see you again and supply what is lacking in your faith. 11. Now may our God and Father himself and our Lord Jesus clear the way for us to come to you. 12. May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.
- The Thessalonians’ testimony of faith and love comforted and encouraged Paul. Similarly, your testimony can also provide much needed encouragement to fellow believers, your cell leaders, Sunday school teachers, and even pastors. We can also be encouraged by the stories of other members of our community of faith.
- Have I had the privilege of hearing the testimony of a fellow believer? Is there anyone at church I’d like to share my experiences or reflections with? Pray that God will use my sharing to encourage that person.
- Take time each day this week to reflect and be aware of God’s work in your life and find someone to share how you are experiencing God in your life. Then, bring these stories to your cell group and share with each other there.
Prayer & Journaling:
Stay with God for a little longer. Continue to converse with God and listen to what he wants to tell me. Then write down any thought and/or prayer in the 2011 “Spiritual Journal” book.
Family Time (Begin this time by reading the passage above using a children’s Bible.)
Do you have a good friend, a cousin, who lives far away from you? Where does he/she live? Have you visited him/her lately? How do you keep in touch with him/her? What do you talk about? Why not write him/her today? Write the names and a photo of each of these good friends on your Family Devotional Journal.